Male Breast Reduction in Beverly Hills
Our Beverly Hills Liposuction Can Give You a More Manly Chest
Gynecomastia, or the enlarged male breast, occurs in approximately 15 percent of adult men by some statistics, while others suggest that the true and largely undiagnosed number is much closer to 40 percent. For many men, the chest area is a common spot for excess weight to settle, as well as throughout the trunk and belly. Even with weight loss, many of these men find that the fat deposits on their upper chest stubbornly linger on. At Simply Body, we provide an effective, solution for men who want more masculine definition in the chest area. With over a decade of experience, our Beverly Hills practice can help you achieve your ideal body contour*.
We can discuss your male breast reduction options when you call for a free initial consultation at (310) 984-1150!
Understanding True Gynecomastia
Gynecomastia is a term that has come to denote any appearance of the male breast, even if due solely to weight gain. However, true gynecomastia is about more than a little extra fat on the chest. The male breast, like the female breast, is made of two components: fatty tissue and glandular tissue. In many men, the appearance of male breasts is often due to an excess of the former. In a smaller percentage, breast growth can also be caused primarily by glandular tissue. This can occur due to hormonal changes, side effects of some medications, alcoholism, and certain underlying health conditions. While liposuction can make a tremendous improvement in the appearance of the chest, liposuction cannot remove glandular tissue. Instead, a separate surgery is required for that process.
The vast majority of men with apparent breasts, however, suffer from pseudo-gynecomastia, which is essentially just excess weight gain in the chest without any underlying glandular growth. This is even more pronounced in cases of obesity. Men’s chests also lose definition with age as pectoral muscles and overlying skin and muscle become more lax.
Liposuction can be used to quickly reduce the excess fat cells responsible for causing the appearance of male breasts due to pseudo-gynecomastia and the fat cells contributing to the development of true gynecomastia. The results of chest liposuction reveal more sculpted muscular lines and add greater definition to the entire upper body.
Getting You the Results You Want
The best candidates for chest liposuction are men who are in good health mentally and physically and are at or near their target weight, but still notice a softer breast-like appearance to their upper chest, despite targeted exercise.
During the procedure, a few tiny incisions are made near the target area. These are just long enough to allow the cannula through, usually a few millimeters or so.
- Your surgeon will then use one of these several methods to break and loosen the fat cells for easier reduction*:
- Tumescent Liposuction uses a special fluid mixture of saline, local anesthetic, and a blood vessel constrictor to saturate the area, then a gentle back and forth motion is used to break apart fat cells before they’re reduced with gentle suction.*
- Power Liposuction is similar to tumescent liposuction, except that your surgeon will use a special vibrating cannula that moves back and forth much more rapidly. This allows for a greater volume of fat cell reduction and also means less vigorous motions are used throughout the procedure so patients feel less bruised during the recovery process.*
- Ultrasonic Liposuction uses a special ultrasonic probe that targets only fat cells, leaving the surrounding muscles and other tissues unharmed. Surgeons often prefer UAL for delivering superior results in more fibrous (muscular) areas of the body with a more comfortable recovery.
- Laser Liposuction is ideal for very precise results and improving the appearance of loose skin. Laser liposuction ruptures fat cells for quick reduction while minimizing bleeding during the procedure, and stimulating collagen production that tightens the skin’s surface.*
After the fat cells have been reduced, your surgeon will have you wear a special compression garment.* This helps expel any remaining tumescent fluid, as well as encourages your upper chest to conform to its new contours. Incisions are usually left open following chest liposuction to promote faster elimination of any remaining tumescent fluid, which in turn reduces swelling and bruising more quickly.
You can expect to see results within a few weeks, with improvements continuing on for the next few months after your surgery. Most of our patients take it easy for the first week or so following their procedure and are back to their normal daily routine within a week or two.
Our Beverly Hills chest liposuction will give men a more sculpted, toned look in their upper torso, creating a healthier, slimmer profile that looks more masculine and muscular*. See the remarkable before and after male breast reduction results our surgeons have achieved for arm liposuction patients.
Schedule a free consultation at (310) 984-1150 to learn more about our chest liposuction service!